Obviously, any kind of injury is an unpleasant experience, but when your injury affects your ability to work, pay your bills and provide for your family, the stress is compounded. Worse yet, employers can be very unsympathetic to an injured employee. Some employers pressure injured workers to return to work before they are fully recuperated. Others simply terminate their employees on questionable grounds to prevent a high cost workers’ compensation claim, all in the interest of protecting the corporate “bottom line.”
It is important to remember that there is no shame in filing a workers’ compensation claim. The Ohio Legislature recognized the importance of protecting the interests of Ohio workers and established a multi-million dollar trust fund bankrolled by Ohio employers. If you sustain a valid workplace injury, you are entitled by law to reasonable compensation from that fund for your medical bills and lost earnings. You do not have to pay for a workplace injury out of your own pocket or through private medical insurance.
The Ohio Workers’ Compensation system provides for the following benefits:
- Compensation for your lost wages if you are unable to work due to your injury
- Compensation for reduced earning capacity resulting from your workplace injury
- Compensation for the permanent, residual symptoms of your workplace injury
- Vocational rehabilitation for qualifying applicants
Call today to make an appointment for a FREE consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 20 Years Of Experience
- Highest Rating On Martindale Hubble
- Most Reasonable Prices In The Area
- 4 Locations For Your Convenience
- Saturday Hours